4581 results found
-
Maximum drawdown
I would like to see the maximum drawdown that my trading system has had somewhere (maybe on the graph under the displayed gain or loss for the system). Then I can compare to the drawdown that I had gotten for the trading system in the backtester. This would be great if done for "My portfolios" also
4 votes -
Correct Decimal Places in Portfolio View
In Portfolio view we are able to add stock purchases with fractional shares. This is great, as many brokers allow us to purchase factional shares. As shown in file "1", VV allows us to add 7 decimal places. So far so good. However, when I view my purchases in the Portfolio (file "2"), VV rounds the shares up to the nearest whole number for the amount of shares owned (the cost basis is computed corrected). Suggestion #1 is to revise the Portfolio view to show how many shares we really own and NOT round the number of shares…
1 vote -
Allow Zero Commissions
Cannot create a portfolio with a 0.00 commission.
2 votes -
Allow Zero Commissions
Cannot create a portfolio with a 0.00 commission.
2 votes -
please include TSX: LPEN in your database of stocks
LPEN started trading yesterday on the TSX, but is not yet trackable in Vectorvest...
Could you include it ?
Thank you !1 vote -
Another idea for Genie !!
Genie works to let us know when a 'trailing stop' has been realized. Once I sell a position, many times the stock will rebound. Why can't Genie be programmed to alert us to the fact that a sold position has rebounded a specified percentage.
1 vote -
Sort graph layouts
sort graph layouts to keep layouts I use together
3 votes -
1 vote
-
DRIP entry into portfolio
Make it possible to split a dividend payment into cash and DRIP components so the number of shares held in the portfolio and the buying power are reflected correctly once entered.
This can be done now by adding the total dividend in cash and then purchasing the number of shares at the DRIP value, but it would be terrific if it could be done in one window.
1 vote -
DRIP entry into portfolio
Make it possible to split a dividend payment into cash and DRIP components so the number of shares held in the portfolio and the buying power are reflected correctly once entered.
This can be done now by adding the total dividend in cash and then purchasing the number of shares at the DRIP value, but it would be terrific if it could be done in one window.
1 vote -
Make graphs save as you close the window instead of when you close the program.
I do a lot of graphs. Evidently, this causes VectorVest to randomly crash and I lose all my chart annotations since I opened the program. When I open a list of graphs, make it save my graph annotations when I close that window instead of saving when I close the program. This way, when it crashes (and it will), I don't lose all of my work since opening the program. This problem is so annoying that it makes me want to look for an alternative to VectorVest and I LOVE the program.
2 votes -
1 vote
-
1 vote
-
1 vote
-
Add Chaikin Money Flow as an indicator and search
Chaikin Money Flow is better at showing accumulation and distribution by large Institutions than Money Flow. Histogram display would be good, preferable 2 colors , and being able to search on CMF growing in order to see what stocks are in early accumulation. Yes other indicators are required, but this would aide as an early flag.
2 votes -
2 votes
-
We need a Gain% stop level Criteria.
Stop criteria should be more realistic and allow users to select Gain% threshold level. Stop levels cannot not react fast enough to volatile markets price changes. Some of us learned that the hard way.
1 vote -
Some traders prefer selling upon reaching Gain level instead of using Stops.
Allow users to select emphasis on Stops, Gains or priorities between Stop and Gain levels reached including choice of Alerts for each. I have lost more potential gains in the past using stops.
1 vote -
For the UK, could you please add an Investment Trust Viewer as you have for ETF's
For the UK, could you please add an Investment Trust Viewer as you have for ETF's
1 vote -
Provide alerts for when Trend indicators go from up to down.
Please provide alerts for people with Real Time when Trend indicators (Primary and Underlying) change from up to down and vice versa. This is almost essential for people that want to tighten stops for stocks in their portfolio.
Thanks
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?