4581 results found
-
2 votes
-
Link to instructional videos in "Comments" box below searches
It would be very helpful if you would include in the "comments" box for each of the searches a link to videos or other instructional aids that relate to or explain that search. For example, there is a video from May 10, 2013, explaining the Colt 45 Automated search. It could be linked in the comments box so someone wanting to know how to use that search, and understand its objectives, could watch the video then understand its use better. Should not be difficult when a video is created such as the one on May 10, 2013, to simply create…
1 vote -
Derby winners are using searches I don't know. Make a search box to show the folder its in.
Somewhere by the "save... new and delete" on the unisearch page, place a box where I can type in an unfamiliar search I see from the derby. This I hope can bring me to that search so I can identify the folder its in as well as running that search so I can see what the various individual lines are.
1 vote -
Add to Watchlist from Graphs
to "add to watch list" in real time platform from a graph. This is a function of the end of day system
94 votes -
repair the way VV6 determines averages values for watchlists to be accurate
VV6 determines computes the average percentage change for watchlists without using the above percentages and its highly inaccurate at times. Just use a calculator some time and you will see. Easy fix - just offer it.
1 vote -
mass index -add to graph and unisearch
I would like to see the mass index added to the technical analysis tools as well as the ability to do searches using unisearch. Here is a great article about the tool - http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomaspray/2013/09/07/power-your-portfolio-with-the-mass-index/
1 vote -
In portfolio manager add position sizing
In portfolio manager add a position sizing that would be a % of the total portfolio amount related to the stop:
example
Portfolio amount = 25,000
stock price = 13
stop is at 11.50
I want to risk 5% of the 25,000
have it where I can pick whatever % I want to have at risk 2%,5% ect
number of shares to buy =833
I have 1,250 @ risk24 votes -
10 votes
-
Add additional portfolio backtesting stops and buy conditions for portfolio.
Add a stop parameter to allow for conditional triggers - a 10% daily loss or 10% from the purchase price, 10% off the purchase price or 15% from the previous high or some other combination.
Allow for C/UP, C/DN, UPUP, UPDN, DNUP, DNDN to be additional conditions of buy or sell - ie. only execute the buy strategy during C/UP when the primary wave is UP.
115 votesWe are planning on adding these Market Timing conditions to BackTester soon.
-
add portfolio groups function
It quickly gets cumbersome to work with a list of portfolios without the ability to group them and minimize and expand the groups
50 votesPortfolio Groups is a feature we are currently working on for a future update that will greatly improve the Portfolios in VectorVest 7.
We don’t have a date yet, but I’ll let you know when the update is ready to be released!
-
custom indicator settings
it would be ideal to allow expanded customized settings by the users to expand the capabilities of ProTrader and Uni searches...esp.the MACD and RSI fields.
also, expand the capability of unisearch and protrader for the macd crossing the zero line.4 votes -
1 vote
-
Performance of model portfolios using MTI MA crossovers
Since the Sure Fire Success trading system was developed using the RT kicker combo signals, no new combo pairs have been introduced for a long while using this system. I can understand this since the long-term market trend has stayed bullish, so the focus has shifted to mainly bullish strategies (using primarily confirmed up/down signals)shown in SOTW sessions during most of this year. These strategies tend to have much smaller max. drawdowns and less frequent trades.
Has there been any research done on back tests of the SFS model portfolios currently being tracked by VV using MTI MA crossovers instead…
1 vote -
Format large numbers with commas
Please add commas to large numbers such as volume numbers in order to make it easier for older folks to read them.
139 votes -
Add more historical data to BackTester
Would you please consider adding more historical price data to the BackTester, along with the corresponding VectorVest timing signals (C/UP, C/DN, etc.)?
More historic data will help test ideas across a broader variety of market conditions and avoid curve-fitting problems.
1 vote -
modify the option pricing model to list strike prices in $1 increments. The $2.50 model is outdated.
38 votes -
Add Return on Equity (ROE)
Add ROE to the database as another variable.
85 votes -
View/Print a SUMMARY Stock Report. We need a condensed version of the full stock report that prints on one page with room for our comments.
When you right click on a stock name, one option is to view a full stock analysis report. However, it includes so much generic redundant information on each criteria, that it consumers several pages to print. We need a single page analysis report that includes the results of all the analysis without all the generic language explaining the meaning of each item. It would help us print pages of several investment prospects and be able to compare them to choose the best one to invest, then add notes on why we invested, and what we paid for how many shares,…
2 votes -
Code field for backtester
In the backtester we would like to have a new addional field to identify teh tests with a code number for easy reference / search
1 vote -
A suggestion, I would like to see you add the ability to set up simple alerts on stocks above and below current market. I do not need real t
A suggestion, I would like to see you add the ability to set up simple alerts on stocks above and below current market. I do not need real time, delayed works just fine for me. The ability to set up alerts would be of great benefit for me and I'll bet many others.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?