4581 results found
-
stop loss - Poor Performance Exit
I would also like to be able to set a stop to exit if the price does not achieve X% per annum pro rata N days after purchase. I don’t want to wait until it has lost a bundle to get out, I want to get out if it is not performing well enough, and get into one that is. Eg if I have a 10% per annum target, and the stock is only up 2% after 90 calendar days, I want to exit. If, having achieved 4% at 90 days (16% annual) it drops back to less than 10%…
11 votes -
MACD Inprovement
Hughes Optioneering recommends a MACD of 24-52-18. Is there a way to change the parameters for us to get this?
3 votes -
Create a moving average crossover option as a sell criteria. I.E. If price of the stock falls below the 20-day simple moving average, sell
a sell criteria. I.E. If price of the stock falls below the 20-day simple moving average, it would trigger a sell.
1 vote -
2 votes
-
Bug with historical watchlists in back tester
When conducting back tests on searches that use historical watchlists like W-O-W, S&P 500, NASDAQ 100, the back test pulls from the current date watchlist rather than the stocks that show up in the search from the historical date.
The right stocks show up if you go back to a historical date (eg 1/5/2010) and view the watchlist with the Viewers Tab or run a unisearch on that historical date. But then when you run the back test, you can see when looking in the trade history or transaction summary, the back test not pulling stocks that should have been…
2 votes -
Custom Field Builder
My request involves the addition of indicators to the "Vector Vest Fields" program such as:
1. William's Accumulation/Distribution
2. Bostian's Intraday Intensity
3. Quong & Soudek's Money Flow Index, and
4. Wilder's Parabolic SARAn alternative to this would be the ability to input the formulas for the indicators in the Custom Field Builder manually.
Thank You
3 votes -
Blockchain stocks - Please add list of Blockchain stocks to Unisearch - similar to marijuana stocks
With rapid development of crypto currencies and the technology that drives them it would be nice to have a list of all the players in the blockchain space
1 vote -
graph cursor
Crosshair Horizontal Bar Cursor Not Locked
First, let me say I appreciate VV very much. But like any good product, I’m sure you want to continue the improvements and tweaks.
With that said, I see VV graph cursors are flexible, but I feel could use a little tweeting. I see two problems:
1) The crosshairs horizontal bar currently locks to the day’s closing price of the candlestick, (it makes since the vertical would lock to the day of week). Though this horizontal locking may have some value at times, most of the time it is annoying and does not allow…7 votesHorizontal cursor issue has been added as a bug.
-
I would like to have an alert sent (text) when the top VST stock has changed.
I would like to have an alert sent (text) the top VST stock has changed. when
2 votes -
Robotrader
A feature on VV7 IPhone App or a Robotrader App where alerts/recommendations can be confirmed on your mobile device without the need to log-in to Vectorvest 7 Desktop. I don't have access to VectorVest 7 Desktop during my work day. It would be excellent to receive and confirm those Robotrader alerts/recommendations on a Vectorvest mobile app. Even better release of the AutoTrader feature in Robotrader to totally automate trades.
1 vote -
Robotrader
A feature on VV7 IPhone App or a Robotrader App where alerts/recommendations can be confirmed on your mobile device without the need to log-in to Vectorvest 7 Desktop. I don't have access to VectorVest 7 Desktop during my work day. It would be excellent to receive and confirm those Robotrader alerts/recommendations on a Vectorvest mobile app. Even better release of the AutoTrader feature in Robotrader to totally automate trades.
1 vote -
Bull flags & Ichimoku cloud
Please include a bull & bear flag sort. Also, ichimoku cloud function is needed. Many free charting services have IC, I'm scratching my head as to why VV hasn't added this yet. I have requested this before.
5 votes -
Support Multiple Brokerage Logins in TradeNow
I currently have four accounts with Ally.com but can only use two accounts with the trade now account. I have a non IRA account, A regular IRA account , my wife's IRA account and a non IRA acount. It would be nice to be able to use the trade now account on all accounts. I am sure I am not the only one who has this problem.
11 votes -
When listing stocks in the viewer, it would be much more convenient if there is a field "Dividend - (Ex Date)"
When listing stocks in the viewer, it would be much more convenient if there is a field "Dividend - (Ex Date)
3 votes -
Portfolio $ value change on each position(Quantity shares*$change) PLUS the total running/daily $ value change
Portfolio positions should have a column showing the $value change on each position on a real-time/intraday basis(Quantity shares*$change) PLUS the total running/daily $ value change which is just the summation of the above changing $values for each position. Also note the % G/L at top of portfolio could have another field showing $G/L Today. Thank you!
3 votes -
Watchlist alerts
Please provide the ability to add alerts in watchlists. This could be a simply list not set up for accounting reasons, or attached to our portfolio if we wish. Would not want the alert to stop and stock removed once the stock reaches that alert like currently happens in paper trading portfolio with genius. The alerts should be any setting we desire, eg.
when Rec=Sell
Dew or confirmed call up/down
x% trailing stop
RT< eg 1
breaches MA40 or eg 150
even combo of MA40 & RT<17 votes -
ROI trailing stop
Investors Quick Start course suggests not to give back more than 50% of your profits on any investment. ROI is a measure of that profit. An ROI trailing stop set at 50% would allow investors to automatically follow that rule without having to remember the highest ROI's attained and set the stops manually.
A variable ROI trailing stop would allow investors to tighten their stops when the market looks "toppy" (MTI > 1.65 votes -
have the industry ranking available in the viewer columns
have industry ranking
4 votes -
Add ARKK ETF to global X in ETFs folder
ARKK is another ETF in the global X family
1 vote -
Provide actual MACD and Histogram values to Unisearch and Custom Fields
The current MACD and Histogram values are available to the graphs, but are not available for doing searches or creating custom fields. It would be more innovated and a better tool to accommodate a larger portfolio of styles if one could search using the actual values. Example: MACD < 0, or MACD between -1 and 0. Or to add more power, something like MACD < 0 and trending higher. Flexibility would be a good enhancement.
9 votes
- Don't see your idea?